What we offer
Lysaght is a dynamic land development company based in Mount Maunganui, just a stone’s throw from sun, surf and sand. Our new workspace/office provides an open, collaborative and fun work environment where directors, managers, field staff and designers sit side-by-side. Lysaght has provided surveying, engineering, planning and land development services in the region for over 20 years. We have earned a reputation for being an innovative, friendly, down-to-earth team who focus on being the solution rather than the problem. We are also world famous in the Bay for our participation in multisport and other blood, sweat and tears team building events.
We recognise the need to maintain balanced lifestyles, the importance of flexible working conditions and provision of opportunities for on-going personal development. We provide a number of benefits that reflect our commitment to our employees. These include:
- Family friendly policies
- Team builders
- Team multisport events
- Unique team culture
- Wellness programme
We have one vacancy at present
- Stormwater hydrology and hydraulics;
- Sewer gravity and rising main design;
- Pump station design;
- Geometric road design, and structural pavement design;
- Potable water supply pipe sizing and hydraulics;
- Earthworks design;
- Comprehensive design of residential, commercial, and industrial developments from concept through to construction documentation;
- Compliance with standards and technical publications;
- Reporting, consenting and preparation of technical specifications;
- Quality Assessment (QA) and document/drawing review and control;
- NZS 3910 contract administration and acting as Engineer to the Contract.
Your attention to detail will be imperative, as will be your ability to stand back from a project and review the ‘bigger picture’. You will be able to take a pragmatic approach to solving design problems, whilst never compromising on quality, engineering ethics, company values and meeting engineering standards. This role will require natural leadership talent, allowing complex design ideas to be related to other staff members, especially those with less experience than yourself. You will be expected to be primarily responsible for technical design decisions within the engineering department, with additional support from the management team and directors where necessary.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Promoting the culture and strategic objectives of Lysaght Consultants Ltd in all aspects of the role;
- Ensuring that all decisions are made with consideration to the legal implications on the company and its clients;
- Planning and coordinating of engineering projects/task including assigning, directing, and evaluating work;
- Supporting the administration team in the recruitment of new employees;
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of engineering staff competence and career pathways;
- Training, mentoring and monitoring of staff, primarily the engineering team;
- Contributing to company strategic planning.
- Preparing and issuing engineering team financial invoicing;
- Supporting the management team’s financial goals and objectives;
- Preparing budgets, tenders, and contracts for new projects.
Client and Authorities
- Preparing and confidently presenting solutions to clients and territorial authorities;
- Taking the lead role in the technical component of project conflict negotiations (with the support of the directors and management team).
Health and Safety
- Actively promoting and encouraging safety in design thinking and procedures;
- Monitoring safe site practices, and maintaining workplace health and safety as a company core value.
- Providing technical design support to the engineering team on all engineering projects;
- Supporting the engineering team in developing solutions to complex engineering problems which balance client requirements, NZ Standards, good engineering practice, health and safety, requirements of territorial authorities and the values of the company, whilst maintaining a pragmatic ‘Be the Solution’ approach at all times;
- Undertaking design reviews, and being responsible for the quality and correctness of documentation submitted by the engineering department (tenders, consents, design drawings, reports, contract monitoring, etc.);
- Developing and implementing policies, standards and procedures for the engineering team to ensure compliance and quality control;
- Acting as the Engineer to the Contract during the construction phase of projects, and providing support to the engineering team during construction monitoring;
- Maintaining CPEng accreditation through training and personal development funded by the Company.
Salary to be by negotiated according to experience and qualifications. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 September 2018