Contaminated Land & Site Services
Our Environmental team are Certified Environmental Practitioners CEnvP with the Environment Institute of Australia/New Zealand, and are listed on the Bay of Plenty Regional Council Suitably Qualified and Experienced Practitioners SQEP register.
Our range of contaminated site services include:
- Environmental due diligence prior to property purchase
- Preliminary land site investigations
- Detailed site investigations, including soil testing
- Remediation and site management plans
- Clean-fill assessment
- Environmental monitoring
- XRF hire
As part of a contaminated site investigation, Tauranga-based Lysaght Consultants use a portable XRF device that provides instant results for heavy metal concentrations in soils. We offer XRF hire with a technician, please get in touch for further information.
Lead Paint & Soil Testing
Before 1945, exterior house paint contained up to 50% lead by weight. Lead-based house paints were not banned until 1965, and some metal primers were lead-based right up until the 1990’s. It has been estimated that a pre-war house can carry more then 80kg of lead in exterior paint, with more than 250,000 houses throughout New Zealand being painted with lead-based paint.
Lysaght can undertake lead in paint and soil testing services, and provide advice on how to safely manage the health risks.
As part of the resource and building consent process, councils often require a geotechnical (geotech) report to be undertaken. The geotechnical report is to provide confirmation that the ground is suitable for the proposed development, and to provide design information to structural engineers or architects. We are recognised by the Tauranga City Council and Western Bay Council as Category 3 Geotechnical Professional.
Our range of geotechnical site services include:
- Geotechnical pre-purchase appraisals
- Site investigation geotechnical reports
- ‘Good Ground’ inspections as per NSZ 3604
- Foundation pre-pour inspections
Stormwater and Wastewater
Our range of stormwater and wastewater site services include:
- Stormwater soakage testing and disposal system specific design
- On-site effluent disposal assessment and design